Friday, October 19, 2007

Quick update

I took Jenny to the dermatologist for her hemangioma today. He gave me a referral for a plastic surgeon in NYC. Her name is June Wu and she is supposed to be the leading expert on this new type of surgery which uses a purse string stich - it is supposed to minimize the scarring. So I have to call for a consultation and if she feels surgery is necessary then I go through the long process of getting the surgery approved by the insurance company.

So we shall see how it goes.

On another note, ask Terri how cute she looked in her Stonybrook shirt and her pink tennis skirt today!

I will take and post pictures soon.

Love,
Jenn

4 comments:

Ally said...

WHat is a hemangioma and where does Jenny have it? I must be under a rock because this is the 1st I'm hearing about this.

Surgery??? Holy Moly...I hope it is nothing serious pea.

Miss ya

Sporty said...

I am with Ally. I think I remember you mentioning, but I don't remember where you said it was located on her.

Good luck with all of it. I know it must be taxing dealing with the insurance company.

Give the kids a kiss. A big hug to all of ya! Lets try to chat soon.

Jen, Rich & Joey said...

Is her hemangioma growing, where is it on her? I've seen surgery stories on TLC of how they can be successfully removed.
Keep us updated on how the consultation goes.

Anonymous said...

I know nothing about this problem but I really hope that If she has surgery which I hope she doesn't have to have that you get the approval and medical cover quickly and easily.
Hugs'n'luv...
Lesley